I'm saying goodbye to Tucson tomorrow and although I didn't intent to stay here this long it's turned into an unplanned "real" vacation. Generally I've eaten large amounts of good food as well as more desserts per day than one would want to maintain their weight. I've heard I'm in the grace period where my metabolism is peaking before declining to normal levels so I want to take advantage of this rare opportunity.
I've heard from the bike store and they said there was a cardboard massacre trying to create a box big enough for my bike but they did succeed and my bike is now boxed for air travel. I guess my 29er is bigger than the bikes Ordinary sells some of which are these awesome beach cruisers. I've been resisting making an impulse purchase and bringing home a second bike. I'd have nowhere to store it unless I decide to dedicate the bedroom to bike storage. Hmmm that doesn't sound so bad. My couch is comfy enough to sleep on.
I've talked to plenty of people here and I feel bad for poor Tucson. It's a desert oasis of liberal minded people in a not so liberal state. Arizona has a sheriff that has created a tent city for prisoners somewhere in the desert. Apparently the inmates are all required to wear pink underwear. It sounds like the sheriff has some sort of S&M humiliation fetish. Or maybe he simply doesn't realize that you don't want to mix the whites and reds in the wash? As one store owner put it, "We live in strange times".
No comments:
Post a Comment