Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 15 - Breakfast in Steamboat

After paying the shocking $170 for my room 2 miles out of town I pedalled back to the city centre for breakfast at the Creekside Cafe. It came highly recommended and I'm eagerly awaiting my eggs benny and granola. It's a bit chilly this morning and the only tables available are on the patio. Luckily my kit is almost dry as I washed it last night in the sink. Damp but less smelly. As soon as I'm finished it's off to the bike shop to get some needed maintenance done.
While that's happening I'll be hunting down some batteries for the Spot. Running purely off of rechargeables has been difficult as I dont think the hub can produce enough power to keep everything running. I probably should have done that calculation beforehand. Food for the next 100 miles also needs to be tracked done.
After all the business is done it'll be time to pedal south. There's a campground near Kremling which I'll stay at. Its not too many kms so maybe some riders will catch me. I haven't seen Kent and Andy for days but they cant be too far behind.

No comments: