Made it into Pinedale from Flagg Ranch. About 250km all told. Union Pass was difficult with the heat. Plus there was a bumpy ride down. And the miles of cows to get through. Some gave me the stink eye and I wasn't sure if I was going to be the first casualty of a cow uprising.
After raiding the local service station convenience store for food I got to bed by quarter after midnight. I so wanted to sleep in until six but the motel clock radio went off at five. Probably some TDR rider left in on from the day before. Curses!
I'll be cutting back my distance until at least Steamboat Springs so only 170km today. I'm not sure where Kent and Andy ended up. Trackleaders is too big to run on my whimpy phone. With reduced distance maybe our paths will cross again. All going well I should be finished in 23.X days.
Eating in the local breakfast spot. Lots of pickups and ranching types. One table ordered beers for breakfast and I thought it was a jokey code language for coffee but no. Coors with morning breakfast is the real deal.
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Day 12: Breakfast in Pinedale
Labels:
Tour Divide
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment